Debunking the Time Management Myth with Hanifa Barnes – Episode 121
Follow the podcast: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Spotify
Hanifa Barnes, Esq., MBA is a time management coach and educator with 15+ years of leadership experience helping conscious professionals to manage their time using deliberate and actionable strategies. As a wife and mother of four, the former professional actor turned education executive, developed a 4% strategy to give her clients access to lifelong techniques to transform their relationship with time.
Key takeaways from my chat with Hanifa:
- Hanifa is most curious about: She finds that storytelling is a teacher, and she finds that storytelling binds people because everyone is different. As a result, we catch judgments and all of these different things until we find that connector in our stories. And when you hear the story of other people, you realize we’re a lot more alike than we are different.
- The number one way Hanifa is impacting people with her work: Hanifa helps professionals by getting them to understand that time is not a manageable resource. Hanifa got inspired to work because of her relationship with time.
- Hanifa’s Book Recommendations: The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho and Believe Bigger by Marshawn Evans Daniels.
- The main points Hanifa wants you to get from our conversation:
- Remember that if everything is important, nothing is important. You have to choose, and in deciding what you’re going to do what you’re not going to do, it doesn’t mean you’re not going to get to those things that you’re not going to do.
- Take inventory of what you’re spending your time on. This helps you understand your “baseline”. From this baseline, you can now make more supportive choices about how you’re spending your time.
- Creating a “to-done” list will encourage you as you are getting through your “to-do” list
- Work with Hanifa: Take the “What’s Your Organizational Style” Quiz
- Learn more from Hanifa: Instagram